Monday, November 26, 2007

This third donation was doomed from the beginning. There were multiple false starts and delays. Multiple signals crossed and lost. Once started, the meds were off. I am not sure what happened, but I do know that my meds were not the same as they had been in the two cycles before. I also know that there were many discrepancies between when to start and stop meds. And lastly, the monitoring clinic reported that there were many more ovums than that the retrieval doctor saw....oddly enough, I saw the same thing that the monitoring clinic saw. So who is wrong? What I do know is that the cycle has been canceled and I will not be available or willing to work with that couple or that doctor again. If you continually lower meds and also exclude one all together, how can you expect the same result as the other donations? That is beyond me. It's frustrating because I am sure the IP knows nothing about the fact that the doctor had me on half my usual dosage, minus one drug all together, or that they gave me conflicting information regarding meds regularly...

All that shooting up was for nothing. I am very disappointed. But what can you? The IPs have canceled 3 other donations at the request of the doctor. Makes me wonder what kind of doctor does that when there are viable eggs and plenty of them.

2 comments:

Summer said...

How frustrating it must be for both you and the IPs. What happens in this case in terms of your compensation? And I can't believe that the IPs were still willing to work with the same doctor after 3 cancellations already.

eggssunnysideup said...

I only received the injection start fee and that was it.