Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I was just reading a few blogs and came across an interesting comment from an IP saying that she noticed a discrepancy between two agencies' listings for the same donor. (***Not trying to call anyone out, just wanted to throw my opinion out there)I can see where an IP would be wary and wonder why the differences. They might feel like she has something to hide or whatever. Totally understandable. I would be cautious too. As someone that has been listed on a few different sites/agencies, I, too have noticed discrepancies on my profiles too. Unfortunately, I only become aware of them when the agencies are trying to tidy up house and contact me. Otherwise, I have no access to my online profile or whatever profile IPs see. In the past I have noticed differences in what I wrote on paper (I usually fax so I have the paper copies) and what they actually have. Anything from the compensation (I have seen a few list my compensation way higher for reasons unbeknownst to me), to my height, to my ACT score, GPA, my siblings age(s), and etc. Very odd. But people make mistakes. It happens. I am not saying that this particular donor wasn't trying to misrepresent herself, just that I have experienced the human error side of this myself so I find it totally possible that it was just a mistake. But it could also be an indicator of the organization of the agency or the morals of the donor. It could be so many things.

Sorry for the long ramble....just wanted to throw out the two cents. Oh, and to those that emailed me, sorry I haven't checked the emails lately. But I am back on that and if you have questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck to all!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Glad to see you posting again! (I have you on my Google Reader, so I don't miss any of your posts.)

I'm going to "out" myself and say that I'm the IP you're referring to who found the discrepancies between the profiles. And I want to thank you for commenting on it and giving your opinion. I'm actually glad to hear that you have found differences in your own profiles. I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt and I hope it's something like a clerical or entry error in my case. I have actually mentioned the discrepancy to one of the agencies and it will be interesting to see how they respond. I have also gone back to look at the profiles and one is in the donor's handwriting while the other is a typed entry so there could very well have been mistakes on the agency end. Although it would have had to be several mistakes because the discrepancies were in several places. It hadn't occurred to me, though, that the donors actually have no access to their profiles once they're posted on an agency's database so if there are errors, of course, there would be no way for them to know.

That being said, because I'm on the recipient side of things, I tend to look at things just one way and I'm glad you're blogging because it helps me see the other side and what kind of things and hassles the donors might be dealing with.

Anonymous said...

I also can't help but wonder if you're talking about my blog. You may not be, but if you are... you should know that what happened in my case was that the donor lied. She's 27, and had a low stim, and she lied to her 2nd agency about her previous donation cycle in which she produced 9 eggs (that agency requires a minimum of 10 from previous donors.)

She was banned from the 2nd agency she applied to and pulled from their database. So yeah, agencies make mistakes... and some donors lie to get the money. You don't sound like you're in that category, fortunately all of us IPs out there. Yes, the donors are doing incredible good deeds... but we are also putting our emotions, finances, futures and health at risk by working with people we've never met (many of us), and truly, have no real way of assessing as to their honesty. It's scary, but it's what we have to do, and it's the risk we'll take to have a family.

I wish you the best of luck in getting matched.